Below are answers to common licensing questions.
Does your software require a hardware key?
- PrimeOCR can now be managed with either a software key or USB hardware key. At the time of purchase you can specify which method you want to use for managing the license.
What are the advantages of using a hardware key versus a software license?
- Software licenses are issued for a specific PC. A hardware key can be moved from one PC to another. The software will run if the hardware key is plugged into the computer.
- If the PC ever fails then a software license must be re-issued by a multi-step process with our licensing personnel. A hardware key on other hand can be un-plugged from the failed PC and plugged into another PC and OCR continues without interruption.
- A software license enables you to get started immediately. The evaluation software is managed through a software license and can be used until a hardware key is shipped to you.
How do you license the software - on a per seat basis?
- PrimeOCR is licensed on a per PC basis.
- Customers usually license a copy of PrimeOCR and use it as a centralized OCR server that runs on a dedicated, fast PC. Any number of users that have access to the server on the network can submit jobs to the OCR server over the network.
- If a single license is not enough capacity then additional licenses can be purchased to increase the overall OCR capacity.
- PrimeView and PrimeVerify are separate applications from PrimeOCR and are licensed on a per PC basis but unlike PrimeOCR these applications can be used by a single user so the license for a copy of PrimeView and PrimeVerify is essentially on a per seat basis.
- Contact sales if you have additional questions regarding licensing.
Do you offer a site license?
- A site license is not currently available.
My original purchase did not include PDF output. How easy it to upgrade?
Since all products are shipped with each release, upgrading is simply a question of paying for the new option and then upgrading the license through and email update. Once payment has been made we will send you a small program that will update your license to enable the newly purchased feature.
How can I get the latest release?
- Contact your sales rep for access to the latest release of the software.
- To receive the latest release of the software all items licensed must be currently on maintenance.
- Minor upgrades and maintenance releases are free while major upgrades may be available at a discount.